ClickPay plugins make the integration with the ClickPay payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made and easy-to-install plugin that enables you to be ready and go with a few steps to get you up and running with your business.
This article is dedicated to walking you through how to refund a transaction related to one of your Shopify orders. We highly recommend reading the below solution articles first to be aware of some of the terms/processes that may be mentioned in this article:
- What is the "tran_type" (transaction type)?
- 2.1 - Configure the order payment type (transaction type)
The authorized transaction which created via the Shopify channel can't be refunded from the merchant dashboard.
You will be able to refund the transaction related to one of your Shopify orders via your Shopify admin dashboard by following the below steps:
- Login to your Shopify store admin panel, then navigate to the "Orders" menu on the left sidebar.
- Select the tagged "Paid" order under the "Payment Status" you want to refund.
- Then click on the "Refund" button in the top right corner of the order page.
- You will be directed to the refund page where you can provide the full amount to (Full Refund) the order or if you want the partial amount to "Partially Refund" the order, then provide the reason of the refund before clicking on the "Refund" button.
- Only then, the order will be affected by this action and will be shown in the orders as a "Refunded"/"Partially refunded" order.
- Supporting the full/partial refund is subjected to the Acquirer processor MID enabled within your clickPay profile. - Refund is subjected to usual business refund processing and controls, including Check Balance if configured in the clickPay terminal.